Saturday, June 20, 2009

a winter treat: apple tart for one



There is nothing better than a sweet treat fresh from the oven on a cold rainy day.. Here is a favourite which takes only minutes, and there is no risk of over indulging.. 

Apple tart for one:

1/2 sheet of pampas puff pastry 
one apple 
brown sugar
ground cinnamon 

preheat oven to 200℃
peel the apple, cut into quarters and then slice each finely 
cover the pastry rectangle with a thin layer of brown sugar and sprinkle over the cinnamon - keeping one centimeter from the edge sugar-free
cover the sugar and cinnamon with apple slices - again keeping the edge clear (you won't use all the apple, so snack on left over slices while waiting for the tart to cook..) 
place on a baking tray covered in baking paper

cook for about 10-15 minutes until the pastry has puffed and browned

serve with ice cream - Maggie Beer's burnt fig jam is perfect !

2 comments:

  1. This is a great blog! I found you from your follow on twitter. Think i'll add your blog to my blogroll since I've had comments on my blog from single peeps glad that I've addressed 'our' grocery and shopping cooking needs too.

    Thanks for dedicating a blog to the yummy dishes singles can prepare for themselves.
    Louise Ross

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not single but I'm hungry and I think I'm going to go for the pasta

    ReplyDelete